Little bites of sunshine. That’s what these tasty mini gems are. Little bites of sunshine in your mouth. Sweet/tart organic Meyer lemon curd, buttery puff pastry and a burst of berry sweetness. Bliss. These are a sweet treat for a brunch or cocktail party. Their small size makes them easy to hold in one hand while you hold a lovely glass of champagne in the other! At least, that’s the way I would do it. I used my usual Organic Meyer Lemon Curd recipe, but I am not going to judge if you use a good quality store bought lemon curd. This recipe is all about easy. I always buy frozen puff pastry sheets, which are widely available in the dessert section of most supermarkets. I have made puff pastry by hand before while in culinary school, and lets just say that will never happen again! Ever. If you are not familiar with working with puff pastry, Pepperidge Farms has a great website with recipes and tutorials all about puff pastry.
Recipe: Organic Meyer Lemon Curd Puff Pastry Tarts
- 1 package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 batch organic Meyer lemon curd
- 1 pint raspberries or blueberries for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Turn over and spray the BOTTOM of a 24 cup mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one sheet of puff pastry to about a 12 X 9 rectangle.
- Cut the sheet into 12 squares.
- Repeat with the remaining sheet of puff pastry.
- Lay the squares over the prepared cups of the mini muffin pan, carefully molding the dough around the sides of the cups.
- Bake the pastry cups for 10 – 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool the pastry cups on a rack completely.
- When ready to assemble the tarts, spoon approximately 1 tablespoon of lemon curd into the cooled tart shell.
- Top the curd with your choice of fresh berry, if using.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s) Cooking time: 12 minute(s)