Brown Sugar-Vanilla Frozen Yogurt is actually the ingredient list. Brown sugar + vanilla + yogurt = creamy and tangy goodness.
As I am writing this the temperature outside is nearing 110°, and my entire duct system, furnace and air conditioner are being replaced. Considering the old Day and Night system was new when my parents bought this house 50 years ago, that is a pretty good run for a major appliance!
But, while everything is being installed, we have no AC during a brutal heat wave in the Western states. So, I decided I needed a cold treat for these hot days.
The yogurt I used was a full fat goat milk yogurt, but that can easily be substituted with a lower fat cow or sheep milk yogurt. Just make sure it is plain yogurt with nothing added, just pure yogurt. No sugar, no coloring, no cornstarch, no carrageenan, just pure yogurt.
- 1 quart plain yogurt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Follow the instructions from the manufacturer of your ice cream maker for preparing to freeze ice cream.
- In a large bowl, stir together the yogurt, brown sugar and vanilla until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into your prepared ice cream maker, and freeze until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Place yogurt into a sealed container and place into freezer until ready to use.