Cookie #2 in the 2012 series using the Master Cookie Dough is a chocolaty, crunchy delight. Crushed candy canes add a hint of minty freshness, while the rich dark chocolate adds balance to the sweetness of the cookie and candy.
If dark chocolate is not your thing, they would be equally good with milk or white chocolate drizzles. Or a combination of dark and white, or milk and white, or dark and milk, or . . . oh, you get it.
Recipe: Candy Cane Cookies
- 1 cup master cookie dough
- 2 six ounce peppermint candy canes, crushed
- 1-2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Pinch off about a teaspoon of dough. Roll it into a 2″ cigar shape and place it onto a baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the baking sheet and let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- When the cookies are cool, melt the chopped chocolate and place into a small re-sealable plastic bag.
- Place a sheet of foil or parchment under the cooling rack to catch any chocolate drips.
- Snip just the tip of the corner of the bag, then drizzle the chocolate onto the cookies in a decorative pattern.
- Let the chocolate harden before removing the cookies from the rack.
- Makes about 22 Cookies
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 12 minute(s)