First, I bite the soft tip of the kiss, slowly melting the minty white chocolate in my mouth while nibbling the little crunchy bits of peppermint candy. Next, I bite into the cookie, taking a small piece of the kiss with me, a hint of soft mint brushing against the buttery richness of the chewy cookie. I small gasp of pleasure escaped my lips as I chew the delicate morsel slowly and deliberately. This, was heaven.
Have I got your attention?
OK, because these cookies really are that good.
This is the first cookie from the the 2012 series of Master Cookie Dough: one dough, many cookies.
Recipe: Peppermint Kisses
- 1 cup master cookie dough
- 20 Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Pinch off about a teaspoon of dough. Roll it into a 1″ ball using CLEAN HANDS.
- Place the balls onto the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes, until soft but lightly golden brown.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and immediately press a Candy Cane Kiss into the top of each cookie.
- The candies will begin to soften, so let the cookies cool on the baking sheet so the kiss can become firm again.
- Makes about 20 cookies
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 12 minute(s)