I love to make enough food that I have leftovers. In fact, I don’t really know how to make small portions. Much of that is due to having a mother and grandmother from the south. They cooked enough to feed an army, as the saying goes. Mainly because they believed if someone should drop by the house, you had better have enough food to feed them. Whether they were hungry or not.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Artichokes is a perfect “make it once, eat it twice” dish. The chicken is so meltingly tender, adding it to soup or making it into chicken salad are great options. Another great option is this fusilli pasta salad.
Recipe: Slow Cooker Chicken and Artichoke Pasta
- 8 ounces fusilli pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 artichoke hearts, diced
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium low heat.
- Add the garlic, thyme, marjoram, salt and pepper to the skillet, stirring occasionally, cook for 2 -3 minutes.
- Add the artichoke, chicken and lemon juice, stirring to combine.
- When the pasta is done, drain well and add to the skillet, stirring until combined.
- Adjust the seasoning as needed.
Copyright © Cheryl D Lee.