Lemon-Tarragon Tuna Melt with Provolone
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 can (7 oz) solid white tuna in water drained
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspooon finely grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups grated provolone cheese
- 1 each avocado large dice
- kettle cooked potato chips
- In a medium bowl mix together the tuna, mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Brush the slices of bread with the melted butter, then place them butter side down in a large skillet.
- Divide the provolone cheese between the 4 slices of bread.
- Spread the tuna on 2 slices of the bread, place a cover on the skillet and turn the heat to medium high.
- Cook the sandwiches for about 4-5 minutes, checking to see if the cheese has melted and the bread has browned.
- Remove the sandwiches from the skillet, place diced avocado onto the tuna and cover with the slice of bread with cheese only.
- If desired, add a handful of potato chips on top of the avocado before closing the sandwich.