Here I go again, making up new names for the recipes I develop. The BCLT. Wait, what? Bacon cheese (YES! Cheese.With.Bacon!) lettuce and tomatoes, slow roasted to tender juiciness. Hence The BCLT Salad moniker. Everyone (except vegans and vegetarians) knows and loves a BLT Sandwich, so why not?
While shopping at my local market, I spotted a package of cheese called Juusto Baked Cheese. With bacon crumbles. Oh my! My curiosity was piqued, and into the shopping cart went the cheese. I’ve posted a frying cheese recipe before, the Warm Caprese Salad, but this was different. This cheese had BACON!
Those of you who have read my blog for a while, know about my love of all things pork. Especially bacon, even going so far as to make my own Homemade Maple Pepper Bacon. Yes, I agree the whole “bacon in everything you can think of” fad is over, but my love of that smoky meat crack will never die.
Follow this recipe for instructions on how to make Roasted Tomatoes.
You can use any type of frying cheese for this recipe, but I would suggest cooking a couple slices of bacon, and crumbling them over the top!
Recipe: Bacon Cheese, Lettuce and Roasted Tomato Salad
- 1 package (6 ounces) Juusto Baked Cheese with Bacon Crumbles, cut into 6 pieces
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups oven roasted tomatoes, room temperature
- Warm a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Place the cheese pieces into the skillet. Warm the cheese 3-5 minutes, until the outside glistens and looks moist, turning occasionally.
- While the cheese warms, place the greens onto a large plate or platter.
- Remove the cheese from the skillet and place the pieces onto the mixed greens.
- Spoon the roasted tomatoes over the cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Copyright © Cheryl D Lee.