That rather monotone, drab looking bowl of dough is somewhat like Clark Kent. Boring and nice Clark, suddenly transformed himself into Superman when danger was afoot! He saved the world, he got the girl, he was awesome!
All right, my Master Cookie Dough will not save the world. But it may get you a girlfriend or boyfriend if you bake for them! And it really is awesome!
Every holiday season for the past few years I have been making an assortment of cookies using this dough. I thought a round up of all the published recipes would be an easy way for you to plan your holiday baking! Because of course you need to make this awesome dough that could get you a mate! I make no promises about getting you a mate, but it might!
Chocolate Chip – Coconut Bars
Chocolate Macadamia Nut Bites
Crispy Sugar Cookies
Cinnamon Sugar Crisps
Candy Cane Cookies
And last but not least, my favorite Christmas Cookies Decorated by Kindergarteners
I’ll be posting new cookies in the coming weeks, including one made with Nutella.
First, I bite the soft tip of the kiss, slowly melting the minty white chocolate in my mouth while nibbling the little crunchy bits of peppermint candy. Next, I bite into the cookie, taking a small piece of the kiss with me, a hint of soft mint brushing against the buttery richness of the chewy cookie. I small gasp of pleasure escaped my lips as I chew the delicate morsel slowly and deliberately. This, was heaven.
Have I got your attention?
OK, because these cookies really are that good.
This is the first cookie from the the 2012 series of Master Cookie Dough: one dough, many cookies.
Recipe: Peppermint Kisses
- 1 cup master cookie dough
- 20 Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Pinch off about a teaspoon of dough. Roll it into a 1″ ball using CLEAN HANDS.
- Place the balls onto the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes, until soft but lightly golden brown.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and immediately press a Candy Cane Kiss into the top of each cookie.
- The candies will begin to soften, so let the cookies cool on the baking sheet so the kiss can become firm again.
- Makes about 20 cookies
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 12 minute(s)