Honey. Chile. Lime. All three can stand on their own, but when combined form a savory, spicy, sweet and tart marinade for meat. Whether a pork roast, chicken or turkey, this marinade is so simple that it should be a staple in your recipe repertoire.
Don’t be afraid to mix up your citrus also. Lemon juice or orange juice would also be acceptable substitutes for the lime juice.
Recipe: Honey-Chile-Lime Pork Roast
- 2 limes, halved and juiced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon mild chile powder, such as pasilla or ancho
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small center cut pork loin roast, about 3-4 pounds
- In a small bowl, mix together lime juice, honey, chile powder and salt.
- Pour the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag.
- Place the pork roast into the bag, press out the air and seal.
- Marinate the pork for at least 6 hours to overnight.
- Heat the oven to 400° F.
- Place the pork into a roasting pan and cover with foil.
- Cook for 1 hour, then remove the foil from the pan.
- Continue to cook for 20-25 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- Let the roast rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 20 minute(s)
Copyright © Cheryl D Lee.