Who doesn’t like chocolate chip cookies? Who doesn’t like peanut butter cups? Put them together and you have these heavenly Dessert Hack Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cups!
I’m working with Nestle Toll House on this post, to tell you all about Speed Scratch baking. Speed what, you say? Speed Scratch, or utilizing a convenience product as a component in an otherwise from scratch recipe. I don’t know about you, but I am crazy busy most of the time. As much as I would like to cook and bake from scratch all the time, it is not going to happen. Nestle Toll House Refrigerated Cookie Bar Dough is the perfect dessert hack. It can be a base for a cookie bar, a crust, a topping and so much more. In this case, I transformed it into a peanut butter cup.
Nestle Toll House Ultimates Chocolate Chip Lovers Cookie Bar Dough are pre-cut and easy to break apart, making it perfect for last minute desserts or just as a treat. I love that you can break off one or two cookies, bake them, eat them and not have to worry about eating too many cookies. If there are cookies to be eaten in my house, I eat them. And my waistline is a testament to that.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Nestle Toll House Ultimates Chocolate Lovers Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- Heat the oven to 325° F.
- Separate the cookie dough into 12 cookies.
- Cut each cookie into quarters. You will have 48 pieces of cookie dough.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the powdered sugar and peanut butter, until the mixture becomes a crumbly paste.
- Using clean hands, form 24 balls from the peanut butter filling.
- Spray a 24 cup mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place one piece of cookie dough into each cup, pressing the dough flat and up the sides of the muffin pan.
- Place one peanut butter ball into each cup of the muffin pan.
- Slightly flatten another piece of the cookie dough, then gently press it over the peanut butter ball.
- Repeat with the remaining cookie dough.
- Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes, until cookie is browned and done.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Cool the cookies at least 20 minutes, then carefully remove from the pan.
- Cool the cookies completely on the rack.
And to make this even better, I am hosting a giveaway on Instagram! The prize is a $10 gift card to Amazon.
Here is what you need to do to qualify for the giveaway:
1. Follow @NestleTollHouse and @CherylDLee on Instagram.
2. Scroll through the @NestleTollHouse feed and pick a recipe you would like to try!
3. Leave a comment on my Instagram post with the following hashtags: #BakeTrendy #NestleTollHouse #sweepstakes
It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3!