Cooling. Creamy. Crunchy.
Those three words perfectly describe this refreshing Avocado, Mandarin Orange and Jicama Salad with Key Lime Dressing. This salad would pair well with grilled or spicy foods. Now that grilling season is here, this is a recipe to try.
I found bags of tiny Key limes at a local market recently. My first thought was to make some sort of cocktail, but thought they would make a flavorful dressing for this salad. You can use regular limes if Key limes are not available.
Trust me, I’ll make the cocktail later.
When buying the mandarin oranges, try to find the ones canned in juice, or light syrup. Drain them well over a bowl, and reserve the juice for use in the dressing.
Recipe: Avocado, Mandarin Orange and Jicama Salad with Key Lime Dressing
- 2 cups mandarin orange segments
- 2 large avocados
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large jicama, peeled, medium dice, about 3 cups
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mandarin orange juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho or pasilla chile powder
- Place the mandarin oranges, avocados, red onion and jicama into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the key lime juice, mandarin orange juice, olive oil, cilantro, salt and chile powder.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, stirring very gently to distribute.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Copyright © Cheryl D Lee.
Stay tuned for even more avocado recipes. I just received a case of California Avocados, which are in season now. And they are absolutely the best avocados you can buy. Seriously.